Our hair extensions are crafted from high-quality synthetic fibres and pressure-tested by us to ensure maximum durability.
Environmental and social awareness are a core part of our values at Tiwani Heritage. Empowering communities and promoting well-being can only be sustained if we are aware of the impact we are having on our planet.
We are struck by how many of us are unaware of our environmental impact, and how powerless some of us feel when it comes to making positive changes. This is further cemented when we consider the use of synthetic hair extensions. Little thought is given to what happens to the extensions when they are thrown away, yet we often hear about the environmental crisis we face; a key consequence of our increasingly fast-paced, consumer-driven world.
We want to educate and inform our customers about their environmental impact, and simultaneously empower them to do their bit, without having to compromise. In order to do this, we are as transparent as possible about the sources of our products and we aim to use our platform to maximise our ability to create and maintain a sustainable supply and demand model.
We have conducted a life cycle assessment of our products and identified the key steps in achieving this goal:
1. Sourcing of hair extensions: We work closely with manufacturers who are focussed on high-quality production which doesn't hurt our planet. In order to maximise our ability to bring you the best range of products, we work with a number of suppliers and we're constantly researching and networking to make connections which will help us to maintain our service in the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly way.
2. Fulfilment: We use a UK-based fulfilment company; Green Fulfilment, who is focused on reducing our carbon footprint, providing environmentally-friendly packaging and supporting our recycling initiatives.
3. Packaging: Our packaging can be reused creatively as decorative storage, gift boxes or recycled. We partner with Noissue (noissue.co.uk) to include a return bag for all qualifying orders, which is 100% compostable.
4. Shipping: Option to offset carbon footprint of your order. We accumulate the contributions and use Treedom (treedom.net) to plant trees offsetting the carbon footprint of your purchase.
5. Recycling: Because our hair extensions are not widely recyclable, we have committed to filling Terracycle Zero Waste boxes to enable them to have another use at the end of their lives. By returning your used hair extensions to us, you will help to ensure that they do not end up in a landfill or the ocean. They will be processed and melted down to granules which can then be used again in another form. Please click here to learn about how you can support our efforts by recycling your used hair extensions.
We will continue to update you and be transparent about the parts of our business that we would like to make more sustainable in future. These include new sources of our hair extensions, continuing to partner with companies that share our vision, and further research into the materials being used to create these synthetic fibres. These are things we would like to evolve over time as we grow, and as more research helps us to understand how we can overcome our planet's crisis.
The methods by which we can be even more sustainable are multiplying at a fast pace. We therefore would welcome your thoughts on anything we could be doing better. Please contact us if you have any ideas.